Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
Tao Ruspoli talks to Jeffrey St. Clair about Iraq, the state of the left, 9/11 conspiracy theorists and more.
Part 1 of 2.Â
Monday, January 15, 2007
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Click To Play
Malachi (Dungeon Family)
Directed by Tao Ruspoli
Shot by Tao Ruspoli and Cody Lucich
Edited by Cody Lucich James Wade and Tao Ruspoli
Produced by James Wade
Album: Workaholic Mixtape Vol. 2
More videos at www.lafco.tv
- ▼ 2007 (33)
- From Wikipedia:
He currently lives and works in Venice, California.Career
Moviemaker magazine singled out Ruspoli as one of the 10 Young Filmmakers To Watch in its spring 2008 issue. His feature narrative debut, Fix, was one of 10 feature films to screen in competition at the 2008 Slamdance Film Festival and soon afterward at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival where Ruspoli was awarded the Heineken Red Star Award for "most innovative and progressive filmmaker." Fix also won the Festival Award for Best Film at the 2008 Brooklyn Film Festival, Vail Film Festival and the 2008 Twin Rivers Media Festival, as well as other prizes at several international festivals.
His most well-known documentaries are Just Say Know, a personal discussion of his family's drug addiction and Being in the World, "a celebration of being human in a technological age", and an exploration of the ideas of Martin Heidgger. His other films include Flamenco: A Personal Journey, a feature length documentary about the flamenco way of life as it is lived by Gypsies in the south of Spain. He has directed a number of other short documentaries, including El Cable (also about Flamenco), and This Film Needs No Title: A Portrait of Raymond Smullyan (a portrait of the renowned logician, mathematician and concert pianist Raymond Smullyan).
Tao founded LAFCO in 2000. The Los Angeles Filmmakers Cooperative, is a bohemian collective of filmmakers and musicians who work out of a converted school bus. Through LAFCO, Tao has produced several films and helped dozens of filmmakers to make their first films and discover the wonders of digital media.
Tao is an accomplished flamenco guitar player, and his first CD, Flamenco, was released on Mapleshade Records in 2005.Filmography
- Jack (1996) Production Assistant
- Bulworth (1998) Art department Assistant
- Tango, no me dejes nunca (1998) Camera Apprentice
- Just Say Know (2002) Director, Cinematographer and Film editor
- This Film Needs No Title: A Portrait of Raymond Smullyan (2004) Director, Cinematographer and Film editor
- El Cable (2004) Director, Cinematographer, Editor and Film producer
- Flamenco: A Personal Journey (2005) Director, Cinematographer and Film producer
- Camjackers (2006) .... Whack Filmmaker #1 and also Film editor and Executive Producer
- Fix (2008) .... Milo and also Writer, Cinematographer and Film director
- Behind the Wheel (2008) Film director
- Being in the World (2009) Film director